Starlight-Digital does not include any additional subsidiary companies or third parties with whom we will share your information.
- Data Controller: Determines the purposes and means of processing personal data
- Data Processor: Responsible for processing personal data on behalf of a controller
- EU: European Union
Starlight-Digital Limited is the Data Controller.
OUR APPROACH TO MANAGING YOUR PRIVATE INFORMATION
At Starlight-Digital, your privacy is of paramount importance to us and we are committed to ensuring that it is protected. Should we ask you to provide personally identifiable information whilst using this website, you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this policy.
We promise to:
- Use your personal information to only provide you with information or the service you have requested
- Ensure your data is safe, secure and processed correctly
- Assist you in changing your mind at any time about the communications you have registered to receive
WHY DO WE COLLECT, USE AND PROCESS YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We collect data and personal information from you in order to provide you with the information and services that you have requested from us, to ensure the smooth functioning of our website and provide you with the highest levels of customer service possible.
WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
Upon opting-in, we may collect the following information from you:
Contact details including;
- Job title
- Company name
- Email address
- Phone number
We will only use your personal information for the purposes you have permitted and we will not share it for marketing purposes outside of Starlight-Digital, unless you have specifically given us permission to do so. If this practice changes in the future, we will update this policy to identify the non-agent third parties and provide an opt-out option.
Every time you visit our website, we may also automatically collect the following information:
Technical information, including:
- The Internet Protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet
- Browser type and version
- Time zone settings
- Operating systems and platforms, etc
Visit information, including;
- Uniform Resource Locators (URLs) of the websites that you came through to our website and which pages you visited (including date and time);
- length of visits to pages, visit duration, page interaction information and methods used to exit our site.
WHAT DO WE DO WITH THE PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT?
We require personal information to process your request/s and provide you with the best service possible. In particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping
- Improve our products and services
- Send marketing emails about events, points of view or other information which we think you may find interesting
We are the sole owners of the information collected on this site and we only have access to the information you voluntarily provide. We will use your information to respond to you, regarding the reason you contacted us and we will not sell or rent this information to third parties.
WHERE YOUR INFORMATION IS STORED
Your data is stored on secure servers operated by our web host provider Squarespace, inc.
Your data may also be saved with trusted third parties solely for the purposes you have provided it to us.
SECURITY AND STORAGE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We will keep your personal information safe and secure.
When you give your personal information to us, we will process and use that data in accordance with our responsibilities under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) – Regulation (EU) 2016/679) and other relevant legislation.
To prevent unauthorized access, maintain data accuracy and ensure the correct use of information, we monitor and adjust our physical, electronic and managerial procedures to secure your personal data whilst in our care, or in the care of any outside suppliers with whom we may contract to process your data on our behalf.
HOW LONG WILL WE KEEP YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
Whenever we collect or process your personal data, we’ll only keep it for a period of twenty-four months or for as long as we have a legitimate reason to contact you. We continually review the data records we have and should we learn that we have not received contact from you, we will ask if you wish to keep hearing from us. If we do not receive a reply or opt-in, we will remove your data.
Should you wish for us to remove your data at any time please contact email@example.com at any time and we shall remove it.
Under GDPR regulations, you have rights regarding your personal information we retain.
Please email us with requests regarding any or all of your rights.
- The right of access – You are entitled to know what information we have regarding you
- The right to rectification – You are entitled to have the information regarding you corrected if it is inaccurate or incomplete
- The right to erasure – You have the right to request we remove your personal information
- The right to restrict processing – You have the right to block or suppress processing of your information we manage
- The right to data portability – You are able to transfer or copy your information from one IT environment to another, safely and securely
- The right to object – You may object to how we manage your information by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling -You have the right not to be a subject of a decision based on automated processing
Further information can be found on the Information Commissioner’s Office website.
CONTROLLING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
You have the right under EU regulation to see what information we hold about you. If you want to exercise this right, please make an application to us in writing or contact us by email at email@example.com with a request regarding any or all of your rights.
We may ask you to provide us with sufficient information so that we can be sure of your identity.
If you would like to proceed with a request to see what data we hold about you, please email us.
We hope you will benefit from all the communications we send to you, but if at any time you change your mind, you may unsubscribe. If you have given us permission to contact you and you change your mind please email us, let us know and we’ll unsubscribe you.
If we do not hear from you, we will assume that the information you provide to us is accurate and up-to-date and that you are happy for us to continue to use the information to send you any communications you have requested.
We are not responsible for the personal information handling practices of any third party sites.
We reserve the right to amend this policy at any time. Any such amendments will take effect when posted on the Website and it is your responsibility to read this policy on each occasion you use the Website. Your continued use of the Website shall signify your acceptance to be bound by the latest policy.